I was feeling very blue at office yesterday. It usually happens when I don’t have much work to do & I feel dumb. And one interesting thing I have noticed is that I enjoy chatting , orkutting & blogging only when I have lots of work to do. So while I am banging my head on some deadlines, I will sneak out in between, to scrap a buddy or chat with a long-time-no-see friend or indulge in bloghopping. Otherwise I don’t even feel like effectively utilizing my free time for such ‘productive’ work... Sigh!!!

By evening I was feeling so mad that I jumped out early from office & decided to make my otherwise boring life colourful. So I went for a bit of shopping and later proceeded to have a haircut which was absolutely not necessary. I must say shopping is a wonderful form of art that cheers me up from my deep blues..heehee.. I know gals are gonna support me in this hands down. And of late, I got to do lots of ‘Onam shopping’ for the whole family!!!

By the time I reached back home, it was around 8 pm..My roomie was not back yet.And I hate being the home-alone heroine when I’m not in my moods. So I went and washed all my dirty clothes accumulated, multiplied & exponentiated over a week’s time :) And , washing dirty clothes give me some sort of mental satisfaction that I did something productive & fruitful. Now whenever I tell this, my well-wisher friends have always cheerfully offered to outsource their laundry stuff to me…No, I am not taking any of your chweet offers.

I finished all these hard work, but still my roomie was not back.. So I went out for a relaxing night walk in the park, listening to the soothing music on Fever-104. And for the zillionth time , the music playing is “cash meri aankhon mein..” I want to bang my head on the wall if I hear this stupid song one more time.. Later something caught my interest. The chatterbox RJ is talking crap on some topic called “Midweek crisis”

Hurray!!! Now I know what is actually the root cause behind my blue feelings. heeheee..Yesterday was afterall wednesday. On a more serious note, there seems to so many complex terminologies these days for simple crisis that we go through in our everyday life.. Mid-life crisis, mid week-crisis, insomnia, PMS, exam blues, anxiety disorder & what not. All these seems to be a part of our everyday vocabulary…You are welcome to add to this terminology-list & on your own ways of effective midweek crisis management :)

9 comments:

oh who are we kidding..
your week wasnt all that bad..
now it's not every week that you get a celebrity call..
heh heh. :P

Adding to the list, There is a quarter life crisis too :) . I'm in a state of life with work and studies that I no longer wait for weekends.. Infact I think about how to make weekdays longer :)

This comment has been removed by the author.

early morning activities? is it the same genre?

I totally agree to your facts about how tempting orkutting-chatting etc are when we are full of stuff to do...:)
That was a good read...

Kai kodu.
I thot the madness was only mine, of blogging and being hyper when there is absolutely no time for even sleep due to work. When there is no work, its sulky and boring. Thanks for letting me know that there are more mad people :))
cool post.

@toothless : now i realised another reason for midweek crisis :p lol...thnx for the enlightenment..

@ajith:hehee..i have never heard anybody having weekend crisis..you are the first one :)

@raintree: getting up early morning is not my cup of tea...so u might be a better judge madam :D

@paro:lots of stuff to do makes the temptation all more sweet:)

@pophabhi: welcome to the 'mad community' pophabhi :) and may the 'madness continue' :D

like forced commitment im forced to wake up early morning. should try n get a job in ur comapny

oye midweek crisis! aage badh!
post something!

Followers