So I’m back after a luxurious 5 days at home. Nowadays, five days have become an extravagance, which I can’t afford. Sigh!!! And I feel nostalgic about those long lost college days, when mass bunking was considered to be our birth-right.

Five days went much faster than a supersonic jet . But I did have an effervescent time when I met up with my high school dude , after long years. Felt I last met her in some prehistoric stone age in another world. We both were very excited, swapping news , catching up on each other & having a real tête-à-tête talk

We unearthed many of my old albums & autographs from the cupboard. How good it felt flipping through those old class photos. Some were real funny….

One of my kinder garden snaps showed me , with a wide opened mouth curled in a perfect `O' . During that day, I was down with fever & was not supposed to attend school. But I threw a big tantrum at home, screaming “I wanna be there in my class photo” . At last my parents relented. And there I was sitting quite pretty with a red bow , ready for the click. And it was that exact moment, an irritating cough decided to take a toll on me . I tried to control myself. But the itching cough grew unbearable & I finally let out a long “ coooough couuuugh ”… The camera flashed & it was caught forever. When the snap came out, there was a red faced embarrassed me, fuming at those telltale kids who giggled and proclaimed it was a perfect yawn.

Then there was another toothless smile photo of a 7 year old.. Hmm sort of cute.. And one cute guy was standing next to me :-)

And the school autograph was filled with some hilarious stuff
One went on “I still remember the big fight we had in 5th standard that day that year”Eh?
Another one ended “ mashi theeraraayi..nirthatte”(let me stop now.. ink is going to finish)
Another gal scribbled “ dated till I marry Afridi ” I guess, some die-hard Pak cricket fan!!!

SCHOOL DAYS ROCK!!!!

12 comments:

interesting always to go back into those fond and memorable but elusive past..and when you have company to do that, nothing like that!

mm true
schooling years are the best years in our lives

Me too back after 5 days at home. Nostalgia everywhere! No doubt that years young are the best years. Nice Read.

@mindcurry: ya..very true..it was fun..me & my buddy were recollecting abt all those naughty pranks,school fests, excursion ,terrorising teachers, etc..

@alexis: ya..blasted the holidays...read abt ur college CET days..i think u guys really lived it out there..didnt get time to comment..

@ajay: welcome here... nothing can beat those school, college days.they truely rock!!

@popabhi: hmm..so much nostalgia out there after all those vishu ,easter celebrations.. wish nxt holiday will come fast..

my maternal uncle has a photo of me with thannimathan eyes. he told me to smile and not to close my eyes. I kept my eyes as big as I can..'turkey with thannimathan eyes'..would have won any photography contest...

"college days, when mass bunking was considered to be our birth-right"

haha...so nice and so true!

thanks for dropping by my blog:)

Anonymous said... 5:54 PM  

....really...you took us for a ride to that extinct...lost world ..


Britto

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Heyy roshni...heheh... coool post...cheers

@immigrant in canada: that would have been a real funny photo :-)these kind of weird photos r a treasure no. it will be quite interesting after long yrs ,when we glance thru' those snaps

@whiteforest: kudos to mass-bunking. during those days, we could bunk classes as we pleased. now we need to get permission one month back to take leave..sigh!!:-(

@britto: surprised to see u here britto.. glad u enjoyed the ride thru' my jurassic ages :-) i have lot more stories in store. so do keep visiting

@q8techdrive: thnx techie.. keep dropping in.. by the way, ur name is quite boggling :-??

wow...hey post a pic of the perfect O :)

Awesome posts (the roomies bday and this one).. really nostalgic.. reminds of the good old college days..
and amazing to see that college and school lives are pretty similar everywhere...

Followers